Enrollment is easy; it just depends on whether you already have regular Medicaid coverage.
- If you already have regular Medicaid coverage and want to enroll in an EmblemHealth or in another managed care plan, call New York Medicaid Choice at 1-800-505-5678.
- If you are already enrolled in a Medicaid Managed Care plan but would like to change health plans, call New York Medicaid CHOICE at 1-800-505-5678 and ask to be switched to the Medicaid Managed Care plan of your choice.
- If you have no health care coverage and would like to apply for Medicaid or Child Health Plus coverage for you and your family, you must apply through the New York State of Health Marketplace online at www.nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call 1-855-355-5777.
We suggest that you meet with an EmblemHealth Marketplace Facilitated Enroller (FE) if you are uninsured or would like assistance in renewing your eligibility for a program. FEs are conveniently located in a variety of community sites and can assist you with the online application and answer any questions you may have. To make an appointment with an FE, call toll-free at 1-800-542-2412 (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 8 pm). Find a location near you.
What do I need to Enroll?
We ask about income and other information about you to tell you what coverage you qualify for and if you can get help paying for it. You may need the following information:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants who need health insurance)
- Birth dates
- Employer and income information for everyone in your family
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
- Information about any job-related health insurance available to your family